The 2009 San Francisco Bicycle Plan outlined 60 improvement projects and long-term opportunities for bicycle route upgrades.
The following is a list of near-term projects that remain and are anticipated to be constructed within the five years following the completion of the Bike Plan’s final environmental review:
- Project 2-1: 2nd Street bicycle lanes, King Street to Market Street
- Project 2-3: 14th Street eastbound bicycle lane, Dolores Street to Market Street
- Project 2-7: Fremont Street southbound bicycle lane, Folsom Street to Harrison Street
- Project 3-2: Masonic Avenue bicycle lanes, Fell Street to Geary Boulevard
- Project 3-4: Polk Street northbound contraflow bicycle lane, Market Street to McAllister Street
- Project 5-6: Cesar Chavez/26th Streets corridor bicycle lanes, Sanchez Street to US 101
- Project 5-13: Bayshore Boulevard bicycle lanes, Paul Avenue to Silver Avenue
- Project 7-1: 7th Avenue at Lincoln Way intersection improvements
See if you can guess where the financing for this is coming from. You guessed it, the bond measures they want you to pass. And guess who was paid to create these plans?