By Ian Wenik : thestreet – excerpt
NEW YORK (TheStreet) — The Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), a public transit agency that operates in the California Bay Area suburbs, is testing out a new initiative: subsidized ridesharing trips.
LAVTA, which operates buses in cities such as Dublin, Livermore and Pleasanton, is set to roll out the service on a one-year trial in mid-September. The plan will offer riders in certain areas of Dublin subsidized Uber and Lyft fares to local destinations at prices ranging from $3 to $5, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
LAVTA Executive Director Michael Tree explained the reasoning behind the program in an appearance on CNBC’s “Squawk Alley.”… (more)
If you didn’t need more proof that the plan is to privatize transportation systems after the government takes away your right to own your own transportation, this is it. It is the classic”Bait and Switch” scheme.
- First they convince you that “parking isn’t free so they can charge you to park on the public streets.
- Then they claim they can provide the transportation system you need while “calming traffic”.
- Next they claim they need more money to “improve service” and raise the taxes fines and fees.
- Next they “improve service by removing bus stops and seats, forcing more people to stand so they can fit in more people.
- Then, when they have millions of people depending on them for service, they tell you to take the new “smart” corporate car service that they will subsidize so you can afford it.
The joke, if it was a joke, is that we had the private car service when we started on this journey, but now instead of owning our own homes and cars, we rent them from the corporation that can control our every move, and the worst traffic nightmare imaginable.
If this picture bothers you support the Prop L, the SFMTA Charter Amendment: stopsfmta.com